The SANR Alumni Council is comprised of ABAC attendees and graduates whose interests are in the fields of agriculture, forest resources, family and consumer sciences and veterinary medicine. The Council advocates for the School (including capital campaigns), assists with marketing and recruitment; and serves as the Dean’s advisory committee. Council members serve a three-year rotation.
SANR Alumni Council
ABOUT SANR Alumni Council
Purpose of the Council
The purposes of the ABAC SANR Alumni Council (Council) are to:
- Foster a close association among alumni, students, faculty/staff and others
closely associated with the fields of agriculture, forest resources and related
fields of study.
- Promote programs and activities in the School of Agriculture and Natural Resources(School).
- Assist the College and the School in recruiting and retaining prospective students.
- Facilitate career networking opportunities for students and alumni.
- Support projects and activities of the School through contributions to the Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College Foundation, Inc., and assist in special fund-raising campaigns, in cooperation with the ABAC Office of College Advancement, which will benefit the School.
- Encourage participation in the ABAC Alumni Association and its programs.
- Assist the College and the School as needed.
Members of the Council
School of Ag and Natural Resource Alumni Council
The School of Agriculture and Natural Resources is comprised of three departments – Agriculture, Education, and Forest Resources. To best represent the entire school, we are changing our alumni council name from Ag Alumni Council to Ag and Natural Resources Alumni Council.
2018-19 Ag and Natural Resources Alumni Council
Chad Hancock, Chair, F & W Forestry Services, Inc. Regional Manager
Josh Pitts, Chair-Elect, Vantage Southeast Executive Vice President of Retail Operations
Marcus Pollard, Past Chair, Newton County Schools Lead Agriculture Education Teacher and Young Farmer Teacher
Jim Anderson, Canal Woods LLC Vice President of Operations
Cliff Bowden, Georgia Farm Bureau Federation District 5 Federation Manager
Joy Crosby, Georgia Peanut Commission/Southeastern Peanut Farmer Director of Communications/Editor
Matt Parks, Pike Creek Turf, Inc. International Sales
David Rushing, Birdsong Peanuts Buying Point Manager
Jazmin Thomas, University of Georgia County Extension Agent
Brittney Turner, Lasseter Tractor – Human Resources Director
Savannah Banner, Agriculture Student Representative
Brittany Braddy, Education Student Representative
Jonah Smith, Forest Resources Student Representative
Dr. Farish Mulkey, Assistant Professor, Education Faculty Representatives
Dr. Matt Carroll, Assistant Professor, Forest Resources Faculty Representatives
Dr. Erin Porter, Assistant Professor, Agriculture Faculty Representatives
Dr. Mark Kistler, SANR Dean, Ex-Officio
Suzanne Bentley, SANR Academic & Career Coordinator, Ex-Officio
Vonda Fenn, SANR Program Support Specialist, Ex-Officio
Dr. Deidre Martin, Chief Development Officer, Ex-Officio
Lynda Fisher, ABAC Alumni Director, Ex-Officio
Darvin Eason, Emeritus
George N. Turk, Emeritus