ABAC will hold face-to-face commencement exercises on Thursday, December 15, 2022, for fall graduates.
The livestream of the ceremony can be found at watch.abac.edu and the ABAC Facebook page 30 minutes prior to the ceremony.
The ceremony will include: Processional, Solo National Anthem, Opening remarks by President, Presentation of candidates by Provost, Conferring of degrees, Calling of names with stage presence and photo, Announcement of Alumni Awards, where appropriate, and Recessional.
- All graduates will be required to wear regalia during the commencement ceremony.
- Regalia includes a black cap and gown and a gold tassel.
- Regalia can be purchased from The Stallion Shop, on the first floor of the Carlton Center, beginning with Cap and Gown Day.
- Each graduate will receive tickets for guests. The number of tickets will be announced closer to Cap and Gown Day.
- Graduates can begin picking up their tickets in The Stallion Shop beginning with Cap and Gown Day.
- All ceremonies will be live-streamed to allow guests without a ticket to watch.
- Limited seating
- Distanced seating will be provided on the floor for graduates.
- Families will be allowed to sit as a family unit; otherwise, social distancing will be suggested.
- Face masks are recommended.
- No Handshakes
- Students will retrieve their diploma cover when their name is called and will have their graduation picture made with the banner of their school.
- The stage party will remain on stage during the calling of names to pay respect and congratulate graduates, but will not participate in individual pictures or shake hands.
Graduation Celebration and Alumni Association
Graduation Celebration will immediately follow graduation practice at the Foundation Legacy Pool on campus.
Stay in touch after graduation! Join the Alumni Association before you graduate.
Purchase an Alumni Association membership for a special price of $19.08 and receive your green and gold cord to wear at graduation.
If you join before December 13, you will be entered for a chance to win an ABAC Diploma Frame.
The Green & G.O.L.D. (Graduates of the Last Decade) Society was created to recognize our amazing recent graduates for giving back to ABAC through attending alumni events, volunteering, and donating to support future generations of ABAC students.
How does it work?
G.O.L.D graduates earn points for attending events, such as homecoming, for volunteering, and for making donations. Once you have accumulated 400 points, you are inducted into the Green & G.O.L.D. Society.
The society has three levels:
- Bronze Level (400 points)
- Emerald Level (1100 points)
- Gold Level (2100 points)
As part of our Green & GOLD Society, members receive special appreciation as well as recognition in the ABAC Foundation’s Annual Report. Listings in the Annual Report are based on points as of June 30.
Photographs & Video
Pictures from the ceremony are available for download through the link below. Use your ABAC email address and password to log in and see the photos.
Diplomas and Transcripts
You do not receive your diploma at commencement. Diplomas will be mailed approximately three to four weeks after the ceremony to your permanent address as noted in Banner Web. To ensure your diploma is directed to the correct address, make sure this address is correct in Banner Web. If you have any outstanding obligations to the college, these obligations and holds MUST be cleared before your diploma and/or transcript is mailed. You may check your account for holds and obligations by:
- Visit http://www.abac.edu/MyABAC
- Click on Login to MyABAC
- Click on ABAC – Banner
- Provide your credentials to login
- Click on Stallion Status
If you need proof of graduation before your diploma is available, please request an official transcript. When submitting your request, select the “Hold for Degree” option.
Participation in commencement does not denote official certification of a degree or certificate. Official certification is only made when all curriculum requirements have been satisfactorily addressed and recorded in the Registrar’s Office.
If you are completing graduation requirements at another institution – to participate in ABAC’s graduation ceremony, the ABAC Registrar’s Office must receive the graduation application one week prior to the graduation ceremony. You must also have the other institution send an official copy of the transcript to ABAC at email@example.com by the following dates.
Fall graduation: January 15
Spring graduation: May 30
Summer graduation: August 15
Stoles and Chords
ABAC Alumni Association members are designated by their green and gold braided cord and can be purchased through the Alumni Association.
ABAC Ambassadors are designated by their green stoles.
The ABAC Honors Program graduates are designated by a gold medallion with a green and gold ribbon.
Beta Beta Beta (TriBeta) members can be recognized by their green and red cords.
CAMP (College Assistance Migrant Program) students are designated by the green and gold stoles.
The honor graduates are recognized by a gold braided cord. These are given out during check-in prior to the ceremony.
Phi Kappa Phi members can be recognized by a medallion on a royal blue ribbon as well as a pin on their graduation robe that features the Phi Kappa Phi key.
Phi Theta Kappa membership is designated by a gold stole decorated with the three Greek letters.
Veterans are designated by their red United States Veteran stoles displaying the stars and stripes.