The Association is chartered to:
- Seek out and encourage well-qualified young people to attend ABAC.
- Develop a better understanding and appreciation among the general public as to the contribution ABAC makes to the economic, social, cultural and spiritual life of Georgia.
- Work with the ABAC administration in recruiting and retaining well-qualified and capable faculty members.
- Sponsor the annual homecoming activities and events.
- Work with the ABAC administration and the ABAC Foundation, Inc. to secure funds which will strengthen and enrich the educational and extracurricular programs of the College.
- Advise and counsel with the ABAC administration relative to the feelings of the alumni and general public concerning Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College.