ABAC’s goal, and hence its commitment to students, their parents, and ABAC personnel, is to provide students a safe place to live on campus. ABAC Lakeside and ABAC Place residence halls will be open for the fall semester. Comer Hall will be used in the event of an overflow. Many changes have been made to decrease the opportunities for community spread of COVID-19.
1. Residence halls will operate at reduced student density with only one student per bedroom.
2. Shared space in residence hall suites, kitchens, and living rooms, can only be used by students assigned to the suite. There can be no gathering of students within residence hall suites.
3. No visitors will be allowed on residence hall floors. The no visitor rule is necessary to reduce the chance for spread of COVID-19 to the residence hall from outside sources and to facilitate contact tracing. Students may have visitors in the lobby or common areas, but they are subject to social distancing guidelines.
4. Parent visits will be allowed but must be scheduled in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and will require an appropriate health check before entering the residence halls.
5. Students are asked to wear face masks when outside their residence hall suite and when social distancing is impractical, i.e., elevators, stairwells, crowded hallways, and other public areas.
6. Sanitation stations will be placed at residence hall entrances, lobbies, C-stores, etc. Students are encouraged to use hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting residence halls.
7. Additional housekeeping/sanitation practices will be used in hallways, community spaces, and public restroom areas.
8. Residence Life staff will monitor student life, gathering, ingress/egress, etc. to maximize the health and safety of our students.
9. Residence Life staff and Community Assistants will be trained to monitor student activities with special attention to risky behavior that could put students at higher risk of community spread of COVID-19.
10. Residential students who require isolation/quarantine will be encouraged to do so at home, but isolation/quarantine rooms have been reserved to support relocation when needed. Dining services will be provided to students who are isolated or quarantined in the residence halls.