If you are an ABAC student applying to be transient student to a host institution, please follow all steps under “Continuing Students” for the financial aid application process. In addition, please see the steps below:
Outgoing Transient Students (Home Institution: ABAC)
ABOUT Outgoing Transient Students (Home Institution: ABAC)
Steps for Outgoing Transient Students
- Complete the Transient Permission Form and submit to the Academic Support Center.
- Apply for admission at the host institution.
- Make sure that you have completed the financial aid process at ABAC. (For financial aid in the Summer semester, you must also complete the Request for Summer Financial Aid).
- Register for courses at the host institution.
- Pay all fees due at host institution.
- A Consortium Agreement will be faxed or emailed to the host institution by an ABAC Financial Aid Representative.
- A refund will be disbursed to the student during the scheduled disbursement dates for each semester set by the Office of Student Accounts.
- The student receiving financial aid at ABAC will receive aid for the total number of hours enrolled at ABAC and/or the transient institution only after receipt of a completed Agreement provided by the transient institution.
- The student should be aware that not all institutions enter into an agreement for transient study. The student is responsible for contacting the transient institution prior to attending to verify that the school will enter into an agreement with ABAC. Otherwise, transient hours will not be considered in determining financial aid eligibility and potential award amount.
- The student should be prepared to pay for all expenses at the transient institution related to attendance, including tuition, fees, books, etc. Federal funds will not be available at the time of transient enrollment and registration.
- The student eligible for HOPE Scholarship should contact the transient institution prior to attending to determine the requirements in awarding transient HOPE funds.