- When can I sign up for Orientation?
- Will I be able to get the schedule of classes I want if I get assigned to a later Orientation session?
- Where and when do I report on the day of my assigned Orientation session?
- What time will I be finished with Orientation?
- What do I need to bring with me to Orientation?
- What should I do if my plans change and I need to switch to another Orientation session?
- Do I need to bring my final high school transcript with me to Orientation?
- When and where do I need to return the immunization form?
- What should I do if I want to change my intended academic major?
- How do I pay the Orientation fee?
1. When can I sign up for Orientation?
Students are assigned to an orientation session based on their acceptance date to ABAC. Once you have been successfully admitted you will be assigned the earliest available orientation session. Sessions are offered in May for students starting summer semester, June through August for students starting fall semester, and in January for those starting college in spring semester.
If the session to which you are assigned does not work for you and your family, you can switch to a later date based on availability. Transfer, transient, and readmit students can opt to do our Fast Track Orientation option.
2.Will I be able to get the schedule of classes I want if I get assigned to a later Orientation session?
A new student is pre-registered, up to 15 hours, based on when they are accepted and turn in their required admission documents. Submitting your documentation early will give you a better selection of classes.
3. Where and when do I report on the day of my assigned Orientation session?
Orientation check-in is between 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM and the current location is listed above under “Orientation Information”.
4. What time will I be finished with Orientation?
Orientation ends early afternoon around 3:00 PM.
5. What do I need to bring with me to Orientation?
Wear comfortable clothes and shoes-you will do some walking on campus at Orientation, so it’s okay to sacrifice style for comfort! You will be outside some, so be prepared for the heat and humidity of summer in South Georgia. An umbrella may come in handy. You may want to bring some additional spending money as well for a purchase in the ABAC bookstore.
6. What should I do if my plans change and I need to switch to another Orientation session?
If you do need to move your scheduled Orientation to a later session, you may contact Academic Support by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 229-391-4995. There is only one Orientation session for Spring and Summer Semesters.
7. Do I need to bring my final high school transcript with me to Orientation?
No. ABAC’s Admissions Office needs to receive an official copy of your final high school transcript by the beginning of the first semester for which you are enrolled. It will be checked to verify that you completed your high school curriculum and graduation requirements. However, to make sure ABAC receives the transcript prior to the beginning of the semester, you may want to make the transcript request of your high school counselor prior to graduation.
8. When and where do I need to return the immunization form?
You should complete and return the Immunization form prior to your Orientation day. The form can be faxed to ABAC’s health center at 229-391-5031.
9. What should I do if I want to change my intended academic pathway?
To change your degree path before Orientation email email@example.com or notify us when you attend Orientation.
10. How do I pay the Orientation fee?
The Orientation fee of $40 is automatically charged to your account. You can pay this fee by going to the My ABAC Portal and selecting eStallion.
Questions concerning ABAC Orientation can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org