Migrant Education Program Consortium (MEP)
ABAC’s Migrant Education Program Consortium currently serves eligible migrant students (ages 3 – 22) in Georgia’s non-direct funded counties. The goal is to assure that all eligible Migrant students are receiving appropriate supplemental services to reach their academic potential.
Key Elements of Program
- Identify and recruit eligible migrant students.
- Create implementation plans for service.
- Increase opportunities for migrant parent involvement.
- Collaborative academic and social service provision.
- Decrease the academic gap between migrant students and the general student population.
- Identification of priority for service students who are most at-risk by a formula.
- Development of district migrant education comprehensive needs assessment.
- ABAC's Migrant Education Consortium is funded through a grant from the Georgia Department of Education, Migrant Education Office.