Loans are offered in the award packaging. You can accept loans online through BANNER.
- Accept Loans in Banner, if needed.
- Complete the Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN) for Loan Certification.
- Aid is authorized and disbursed.
To Accept a Loan:
- Go to www.abac.edu and click “MyABAC” at the top, right-hand side.
- Click the “MyABAC” icon to access the single sign-on.
- For questions or troubleshooting regarding logging in to myABAC, you can contact Tech Support at (229) 391-5400 or by email at email@example.com.
- Click the green Banner icon.
- Find and click the “Financial Aid” tab
- Click “Accept Award Offer” and select the Aid Academic Year
- Click the “Accept Award Offer” tab, again.
- All financial aid awards and loan offers are listed on this page. There are 3 options:
- To accept/decline loans, select either “Accept” or “Decline” in the drop box next to each loan, then hit “Submit Decision.”
- You may click the “Accept Full Loan Amount,” if you wish to accept all loans offered to you.
- You may also accept a partial amount of the loan by writing in an annual total in the box to the right.
NOTE: The amount in the box will be split in half—half for Fall and half for Spring. If entering in the Spring—half for Spring, half for Summer.
NOTE: The Direct Parent Plus application is available via www.studentloans.gov for submission. Please make sure that your parent logs in with their FSA ID when applying for the Parent PLUS Loan.
Once you have accepted your loan in Banner, your loan will be created. You will need to make sure you have also completed Student Loan Counseling (Entrance Counseling) and signed the Master Promissory Note (MPN). These processes can be completed via www.studentloans.gov. Once you have completed loan counseling and signed the Mastery Promissory Note (MPN), the loans will be generated on your account with other eligible aid.
NOTE: Loans are sent up to DOE for certification before applying on the account as credit, so this can take up to 5 days after accepting the funds.
Once awarded, you can use your excess aid to purchase books and supplies in the ABAC Bookstore. Excess funds for financial aid awards are usually refunded after the fourth week of classes if you are not a new student or first-time loan borrower. If you are a first-time loan borrower, or have a single-term loan, your excess will be refunded around mid-term.