Gold Card ID Photo Submission
Welcome to ABAC!
Upload Your Gold Card Photo Today – Instructions Below
All members of our campus community are required to have a Gold Card, the official identification card for Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College.
Your Gold Card provides access to essential campus services and facilities including housing, dining, print stations, Thrash Wellness Center, and the Foundation Legacy Pool.
Your Gold Card also includes an optional stored value account, general dollars, allowing you to make purchases on campus in addition to the dining dollars. The Gold Card is the only card you need to carry at ABAC!
Your Gold Card requires a photo of you as part of your identification. Our online photo submission process allows you to quickly and easily submit a picture of your choice.
The deadline to submit a photo is August 3, 2020. If your photo is not received in time, you will need to have a photo taken and a Gold Card made during move-in for residential students. This may delay your access to essential campus services and facilities including your dorm room and meal plan. Students who are commuting and haven’t submitted a photo will come to the Gold Card Office, located in John Hunt Town Center during the first week of classes to have a photo taken.
Review the requirements and helpful tips, then follow the steps below.
Tips for submitting an acceptable photo:
- Take a current photo in color, in focus, and without any added effects
- Use a neutral color and smooth background
- Have your full face centered and looking forward
- Crop the image from just above the top of the head to the mid chest
- Have proper lighting
- Open your eyes fully and visibly looking at the camera
- Wear prescription glasses if you normally do so
- Photo in jpg format sized between 300KB to 2MB
- Wear hats, sunglasses or other items that obscure your face
- Have a glare on your glasses or your eyes closed
- Eyes looking down or to either side
- Shadows on the face
- Other visible people, pets, or objects in the photo
- Inappropriate expressions
- Group Photos
- Blurry Photos
- Black and White photos
- Photos with your hand resting on your face
- Crop off the top of your head or side angle your face
- Photos taken more than six months ago
Note: Taking a photo with most smartphones/devices works well.
These are samples of unacceptable photo submissions:
Start your submission now!
To get started, follow these steps.
- Go to myABAC Portal
- Click on the eAccounts – Gold Card icon and log in
- Select Profile
- Select the “Click to submit a new photo” link.
- Before you are able to submit your photo, you must click to “Accept the Terms and Conditions.”
- Once you accept the Terms and Conditions, a new tab will open.
- Click on the cloud logo/upload link, select the photo you want to use, and click “open”.
The Gold Card Office will email you with approval or the next steps if your photo cannot be used. Once your photo is submitted, the Gold Card Office will verify your information to ensure your security.
When and How to Get Your Gold Card
Students living on campus will receive their Gold Card at move-in. Please remember to bring valid government-issued identification. Acceptable forms of identification include: Driver’s License or Non-driver ID Card issued by DDS, U.S. Green Card, Passport book or card, U.S. Military ID Card.
Students commuting to campus may pick up your Gold Card in the John Hunt Town Center during the first week of classes.
If you have any questions, please contact the Gold Card Office by email at email@example.com.