Parking Decals & Guidelines
ABAC Parking Decals & Guidelines
The campus has plenty of parking spaces for students, faculty, and visitors. It is the responsibility of all members of the campus community to acquaint themselves with the rules and regulations regarding parking on the ABAC campus. The Department regulates traffic and parking on this campus pursuant to Georgia law 20-3-21
- The college reserves the right to refuse, restrict, or revoke the privilege of having a motor vehicle on College property. Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College is state property. Uniform rules of the road (OCGA Title 40) are applicable, as well as the appropriate rules and regulations of the Board of Regents. The College reserves the right to remove, at the owner’s expense, or to lockdown with an immobilization device any vehicle that is illegally parked, abandoned, or determined to be a hazard the ABAC Police Department. The registrant of a vehicle is legally responsible for the safe and proper use of said vehicle while on the campus.
- FACULTY/STAFF parking areas are identified and clearly marked throughout the campus by the designation F/S. All privately owned vehicles belonging to the Faculty Staff will be parked in an authorized parking space or area designated for Faculty Staff.
- ABAC does not assume any liability resulting from damage to a registrant’s or visitor’s vehicle, nor of damage resulting from a registrant or visitor’s vehicle. The ABAC Police is the primary agency responsible for law enforcement and traffic/parking management on the ABAC campus.
- The driver of any vehicle that becomes involved in an accident on campus will stop his or her vehicle and contact the ABAC Police at (229) 391-5060. The driver will remain on the scene until the accident investigation is completed.
- The speed limit in all parking lots is 10 MPH. Speed limits on roadways are posted.
- All privately owned two and three wheeled motorized vehicles are subject to the provisions of the parking services regulations.
- Student employees of all types are considered students as far as parking regulations are concerned.