Parking Decal signup form
Registration of Vehicles
All motor vehicles that are to be parked on campus by students, faculty, and staff must be registered with the ABAC Police and display a current parking decal by the end of the first week of each semester.
Temporary Permits are issued by the ABAC Police when faculty, staff and students are driving a vehicle temporarily. These permits are free and can be picked up at the police department in Weltner Hall.
The parking decal application must be submitted online HERE. The confirmation page has to be printed out and brought in person to the ABAC Police Office. The ABAC Police Department office is located in the north wing of Weltner Hall along ABAC Circle on the southern end of campus. The phone number is 391-5060 and normal business hours are 8:00 am – 5:30 pm on Monday – Thursday and 8:00 am – 3:00 pm on Friday.
I. Parking Fees:
- Parking fees are for the period beginning fall semester and ending the last day of finals summer semester. Parking decals have an expiration date printed on them which correlates with the end of summer semester. Parking fees for decals purchased during the year are not pro-rated. Parking fees are paid with tuition.
- Student Parking Fees: $30 per semester paid with tuition (multiple vehicles may be registered)
- Faculty and Staff parking permits: no charge. Three-year decals issued to college employees with the expiration date on the decal. Faculty and staff will not need another decal until the expiration date unless a different vehicle is driven to campus.
- Faculty and staff parking spaces are reserved for faculty and staff only. Faculty and staff parking spaces are reserved from : 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. A number of reserved spaces are clearly marked 24-hour Reserved. These spaces are reserved throughout the year.
- Faculty and staff parking spaces are for faculty and staff only. Faculty and staff are to utilize faculty/staff spaces only and not park in unauthorized spaces. Employees are expected to set the example for students.
Current parking decals are to be displayed on the rear bumper/window on the driver’s side. Parking permit decals allow the registered vehicle to park only in designated parking areas. Vehicles may only park in actual parking spaces. Permits are not transferable from one vehicle to another or from one registrant to another. In the event that a vehicle is transferred out of the registrant’s name or control, it is the responsibility of the registrant to remove the decal and return it to the ABAC Police office in order to replace the decal. If a registrant needs to use another vehicle on campus for a short time, temporary permits are available from the ABAC Police office during normal business hours.
Each person is responsible for the permit issued and for any infractions that result from the misuse of the decal. When a registrant realizes that the decal is stolen or lost, a report must be filed with the ABAC Police.