International Society Baccalaureate Scholars (ISBS)
A sister organization to Phi Theta Kappa and is meant for the students who will remain here at ABAC for their four year degree. It is an honors society that is by invitation only and is based on the academic achievement of the student. The purpose of ISBS is to recognize the distinguished scholarly achievements of top-ranked college upperclassmen pursuing baccalaureate degrees at community colleges. Furthermore, ISBS serves to provide its scholars opportunities for individual growth and development through personal enrichment experiences and professional development resources.
- Successfully complete at least 72 semester hours, 12 hours of which must be junior or senior level coursework
- Attain at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA on all junior or senior level coursework, or rank in the top 15% of their class as determined by the college
- Complete and submit to Headquarters the official application for Society membership
- Pay Society lifetime membership fees
- Be of good moral character and possess recognized qualities of citizenship. An individual convicted of a felony (or any crime whose potential sentence is greater than one year) may be considered for membership three years following completion of all conditions of sentencing, including probation