Brother 2 Brother
Brother 2 Brother, ABAC’s chapter of the Student African-American Brotherhood (S.A.A.B.), focuses on African-American male student success, retention, and graduation. SAAB provides participants the opportunity to create a positive peer community through engagement in personal growth activities and through participation in service learning projects in the community.
Our mission is to empower, support, and create leaders that will solve the complex issues of tomorrow through workshops, mentoring, servant-leadership, and community service.
Why Should I Join?
Students who participate in this program have higher grades and graduate faster than their peers who do not participate in the program. Brother 2 Brother members are also able to form close relationships with instructors, faculty, and leaders of the community that will create a plethora of opportunities during and after their college career.
What are the benefits?
- You will have individualized help with course advising
- You will be connected with a peer and professional mentor
- You will attend trainings and workshops to develop your academic and personal skills
- You will attend fun social activities on and off-campus
- You will be able to make a positive impact in your school and community
- You will develop life-long friendships with peers, faculty, and mentors
Who will be my mentor?
You will be paired with a peer success adviser (a sophomore, junior, or senior) who excels academically and exemplifies strong leadership skills to help you in your transition to college life.
How do I Join?
Attend our weekly meetings and ask for an application to join our organization.
Are the Meeting for Members Only?
No. Anyone can participate in our meetings and community service events.