Visit to the Past Workshop
Please be aware that this information is contained in a frame. You will need to scroll down to see all the information.
Take your students on a trip back in time with our Visit to the Past workshop. This hands-on workshop for grades K-12 includes educational and fun-filled activities, some of which may include operating the hand press at the printshop, grinding corn into meal and grits at the gristmill, washing clothes on a washboard, making a poultice at the doctor’s office, or experiencing our one room schoolhouse.
The workshop includes the following:
• Students dress in costume (suspenders/aprons & skirts) provided by the Museum.
• Students and group leaders eat an authentic farmhouse lunch, cooked over the open hearth or on a wood stove, at one of the village’s houses or cabins.
• A set schedule to visit with costumed interpreters who will provide an interactive/hands-on learning experience throughout the Historic Village.
• Programming available from 9:30-2:30, depending upon school’s arrival & departure times.
• Addressing specific Georgia Performance Standards. This document prints on legal size (11″ x 14″) paper.
Reminders: (make sure to read all of our policies before booking)
• The train is not included in the workshop program. For an added cost, it can be a wonderful addition. Please book no later than 2 weeks prior to visit to ensure availability. For groups with 60 or less riders, the cost will be $180. For groups with 61 or more riders, the cost is $3.00/person.
• Any school or state agency with the state of Georgia is tax exempt on admission, school workshop/tour, and rental. They are NOT tax exempt on any food/candy made at the Country Store or Drug Store. If you are from out of the state, you must pay tax. Bring proof of tax exemption status upon arrival.
• Keep in mind that while we will do our best to customize your workshop to your liking, it is not possible to have your students visit every building on site, or to have all your students visit the same buildings during the day.
• Teachers, bus drivers, and group leaders (number provided by the Museum) do not pay Museum admission. All other adults must pay general Museum admission upon arrival.
• Group leaders are the only adults eating historic lunch with the students. All other adults must provide their own lunches or purchase lunch at the Drug Store.
• The Drug Store now accepts credit/debit cards with a $5.00 minimum purchase.
• We opperate in all kinds of weather. Please plan accordingly (jackets, umbrellas, etc.) with your students.
• Cost is $15.00/student; general adult Museum admission $7.00 + tax
• Workshop field trip planner is available.
• READ THROUGH THE POLICIES TO ENSURE A FUN AND SMOOTH FLOWING FIELD TRIP!
Online reservations are required for our Visit to the Past workshop. Your workshop is not reserved until you receive a reservation confirmation from the Education Department.
Call Kelly Scott at 229/391-5221 or email email@example.com.