Self-Guided Educational Tour
Please be aware that this information is contained in a frame. You will need to scroll down to see all the information.
The Georgia Museum of Agriculture and Historic Village is where history comes alive, recreating the farmsand rural village life in Wiregrass Georgia from 1870-1910. This self-guided tour shows students how people lived and worked in rural Georgia wiregrass community in the last century. Attractions include an operating water-powered gristmill, a one-room school, a printshop, a doctor’s office and much more. Don’t forget our 1900s drug store which offers drinks, floats, delicious hand-dipped ice cream and lunch combos for sale. For groups of any size and all ages, a self-guided, go-at-your-own-pace tour of our 95-acre site and museum makes for an exciting and educational visit.
May 15-Train Day: Visit the Museum and ride the train for free! Register below (tours only).
Self-guided tours includes the following:
• Self-guided tour at own pace throughout Historic Village and Museum.
• Costumed interpreters throughout Historic Village answering questions and describing artifacts and buildings.
• Teachers, bus drivers, and group leaders (number provided by the Museum) receive free admission.
• Museum hours are 9:00am-4:00pm. Groups are welcome to tour the facility between those hours.
Reminders: (make sure to read all of our policies before booking)
• The train is not included with the self-guided tour. For an added cost, it can be a wonderful addition. Please book no later than 2 weeks prior to visit to ensure availability.
• Historic lunch is NOT available for tours; however the Opry Shelter is available as a picnic area for groups who brought their lunch.
• Minimum number of students to receive a free group leader/teacher is 10. The maximum number of students is unlimited!
• Any school or state agency with the state of Georgia is tax exempt on admission, school workshop/tour, and rental. They are NOT tax exempt on any food/candy made at the Country Store or Drug Store. If you are from out of the state, you must pay tax. Bring proof of tax exemption status upon arrival.
• Other tours or workshops may be on-site as well. Please do not interupt workshop sessions or their historic lunch by asking for your students to join. Visit another attraction and return when the workshop session is finished.
• Teachers, bus drivers, and group leaders (number provided by the Museum) do not pay Museum admission. All other adults must pay general Museum admission upon arrival ($7.00 + tax).
• The Drug Store only accepts cash or checks. If you would like to order lunch combos, contact Tonia Carpenter at email@example.com or 229/391-5205.
• We opperate in all kinds of weather. Please plan accordingly (jackets, umbrellas, etc.) with your students.
• Cost is $4.00/student; general adult Museum admission $7.00 + tax
• Self-guided tour field trip planner available online.
• READ THROUGH POLICIES TO ENSURE A FUN AND SMOOTH FLOWING FIELD TRIP!
Reservations are required for school tours. Your tour is not reserved until you receive a reservation confirmation from the Education Department.
Contact Kelly Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org or 229/391-5221.