Visit the Alumni Association on Facebook
ABAC Alumni Association Constitution
Your Alumni Association is a historical part of ABAC and was organized to support activities which strengthen and enrich the educational and extracurricular programs of the College.
The Association is chartered to:
- Seek out and encourage well-qualified young people to attend ABAC.
- Develop a better understanding and appreciation among the general public as to the contribution ABAC makes to the economic, social, cultural and spiritual life of Georgia.
- Work with the ABAC administration in recruiting and retaining well-qualified and capable faculty members.
- Sponsor the annual homecoming activities and events.
- Work with the ABAC administration and the ABAC Foundation, Inc. to secure funds which will strengthen and enrich the educational and extracurricular programs of the College.
- Advise and counsel with the ABAC administration relative to the feelings of the alumni and general public concerning Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College.
The ABAC Alumni Association consists of over 40,000 former students who have completed at least 15 quarter hours or 10 semester hours at ABAC. The Director of Alumni Affairs, based in the Office of College Advancement, serves as the staff liaison to the Association.
The Alumni Association is governed by a 31-member Board of Directors representing a wide cross section of class years, majors and geographic locations. The board meets four times a year. Within the Board, there are several special interest groups represented. These include:
- Young Alumni – those ABAC attendees and graduates who have not reached their 36th birthday
- Golden Alumni – those ABAC attendees and graduates who have graduated 50 or more years ago from ABAC or any of its three proceeding institutions;
- Ag Alumni Council – those ABAC attendees and graduates whose interests are in the fields of agriculture, forest resources, family and consumer sciences and veterinary medicine. (The Ag Alumni Council Board of Directors guide the activities of this special interest group.)