It looks like you're using an outdated web browser. For the best and most secure way to view the ABAC website, please upgrade to the latest version. Close

Academic Common Mkt Waiver

The Academic Common Market is a program through the Southern Regional Education Board that allows students to study in a specialized field at an out-of-state college while paying in-state tuition rates.

To review the steps you will have to go through to be considered for the Academic Common Market waiver, please view the frequently asked questions section.

You must go through the certification process in your home state, so please contact your home state’s coordinator. Each state has developed its own forms and procedures for certifying students.

As long as the student remains enrolled, this certification will be valid.

After certifying the residency of an applicant, an Academic Common Market representative sends a notice of certification to the student and to the institutional coordinator at the receiving institution.

The institutional coordinator then makes arrangements with the appropriate officials at his/her institution so that the student is not charged out-of-state tuition fees.  At ABAC, students should complete the Academic Common Market out-of-state tuition waiver form each semester.