|If this best describes you
- Never attended a college or university
- Transferring less than 30 semester hours of transferable college credit
|These are required
- Admission Application
- $20 non-refundable application fee
- Certificate of Immunization
- Official SAT/ACT scores required for all students. Students must register ahead of time for the tests.
Register for the SAT at www.collegeboard.com
Register for the ACT at www.act.org*Check out testing requirements at ABAC
- Official High School Transcript from an accredited high school indicating date of graduation and type of diploma. (Send a partial now if you are still in high school and another after graduation.)
- Official GED Scores, if applicable. If your high school class graduated within the past five years, we also need an official copy of your high school transcript.
- Official copy of transcripts from every institution attended since high school. (Send a partial now if still attending and a final at the end of the last term before you enroll at ABAC.) You will receive an evaluation of transfer credit from ABAC after your transcript is evaluated.
The College will follow applicable Board of Regents policy and procedures as outlined in Section 18.104.22.168 of the BOR Policy Manual, summarized as follows:
SAT/ACT – all degree-seeking students will be required to submit SAT or ACT scores.
Required High School Curriculum (RHSC) – all degree-seeking students will be required to complete the USG’s Required High School Curriculum (RSHC) as defined in the aforementioned policy. Students with more than three (3) RHSC deficiencies will not be admitted.
Freshman Index (FI) – admissions decisions for all degree-seeking students, as defined above, will be based on the freshman index.
High school grade point averages (HSGPA) – for the purpose of admissions, Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College will compute an “admissions HSGPA” using the “HOPE” method without “weighting”. This method includes all attempts on academic courses with no weighting for AP or IB courses. For more information on the “HOPE” calculations see https://secure.gacollege411.org/images/ga/pdfs/HOPE_Calculation.pdf.
Required High School Curriculum (RHSC) –completion of the USG’s required High School Curriculum (RSHC) as defined in the aforementioned policy. Students with more than three (3) RHSC deficiencies will not be admitted.
Placement testing – students will be exempt from placement testing (COMPASS Test) if they meet the following criteria:
Incoming students must take the COMPASS placement test with these exceptions:
- Students with a College Prep Diploma and SAT Scores above 480 or ACT scores above 20 are not required to take the COMPASS.
- Students who transfer in a college level course (ENGL 1101 or MATH 1111) are not required to take the COMPASS.
- Students who have taken the COMPASS test at another USG school and have scores that meet ABAC’s cut-off scores.
- Students who have taken the COMPASS at a COC accredited Georgia vocational College that meet the ABAC’s cut-off scores are also not required to test.
Minimum HSGPA – students with an “admissions HSGPA” of less than 2.0 will not be admitted.