It looks like you're using an outdated web browser. For the best and most secure way to view the ABAC website, please upgrade to the latest version. Close

VA & Sponsored Billing

Veterans Educational Benefits

Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College is approved for the educational training of veterans and certain eligible spouses and dependents of veterans. The institution serves only as a source of certification and information to the Veterans Administration as all financial transactions and eligibility determinations are handled directly between the student and the VA. Veterans and other eligible persons interested in obtaining educational benefits must meet all applicable requirements for admission. Any questions regarding the eligibility of a veteran or dependent can be answered by calling the Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-888-GIBILL1.  The Veterans Certifying Official is located in the Office of Student Financial Services on the second floor of the J. Lamar Branch Student Center.

VA  Forms


Certifications of VA Benefits

When registering for classes, keep in mind that the VA will not pay for any classes that do not count toward your major. Be aware that the VA periodically checks all applicants to ensure that the courses being taken are relevant to the student’s declared major. It is ultimately the student’s responsibility to register for the correct courses and report changes before incurring an overpayment or possibly an underpayment. VA regulations prohibit payment for repeated courses (“A” through “D” grades) or for courses that are not required for your approved degree/program.

Certification can only begin after you have submitted the Veterans’ Benefits form and upon receipt of all required documents. Veterans will only be certified for courses that are required for an approved degree/program. Each student is advised to obtain a copy of their curriculum sheet and refer to it prior to each registration. VA takes 6 – 8 weeks to process an enrollment certification.

Certifications are completed as soon after drop/add as possible. However, due to the processing times at the institution and at VA, payment of benefits at the start of the semester is often delayed. Please plan accordingly.  Students who receive educational benefits should notify the Veterans Certifying Official when a class is dropped/added/withdrawn or when a change of major occurs.

Monthly attendance verification for Chapter 30, 1606, & 1607 only

There are two ways to submit verification:

Call the toll free number at 1-877-823-2378 or go to and certify by going to W.A.V.E.

Sponsored Billing

If an approved company or organization will be responsible for paying all or part of a student’s term charges, this is called a Third Party Billing arrangement. ABAC requires a “Billing Authorization” from the company or organization in order to set up a Third Party Contract. The Billing Authorization must include:

  • An itemized list of charges the third party desires to pay. If there is a maximum amount the third party will pay for any/all of these charges it must be listed, also.
  • The student’s full name and student identification number.
  • An itemized list of all financial aid that must be applied to the student’s term charges prior to billing the third party. (For example, SEOG Grant, Pell Grant, Hope Scholarship, Stafford Loan, etc.)
  • Signature of an official authorized to obligate payment of the organization.
  • The name, billing address, email address, and telephone number of the contact person at the company/organization that is responsible for payment
  • Special invoicing requirements (if any) requested by the third party.

The Billing Authorization must be received by the Customer Service Representative in the Student Financial Services Office by the fee payment deadline. The Authorization may be faxed to (229) 391-4911 or emailed to to arrive by the fee payment deadline; however, an original must follow in the mail. Authorizations should be mailed to the address listed below:

Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
2802 Moore Highway
Tifton, GA 31793

Important Points to Remember:

  • A new Billing Authorization must be submitted each semester.
  • It is the student’s responsibility to ensure the Authorization is received by the fee payment deadline.
  • The student will be responsible for payment of all charges the third party declines to pay. If the third party allows ABAC to bill for books and/or supplies on the student’s behalf, a Bookstore charge account will be created. The Bookstore charge account will have a specific activation date and expiration date. The student must present his/her ABAC Gold Card (student ID) when making charges to the account.
  • Upon receipt of the completed Billing Authorization, the Student Account will be updated to reflect the pending payment amount. If a balance remains on the Student Account, the student must pay this balance by the fee payment deadline.
  • An itemized invoice will be mailed to the third party billing address listed on the Billing Authorization. Payment is due in full immediately upon receipt of the invoice.
  • Payment to ABAC cannot be contingent upon grades or completion of courses.

Examples of Third Party Companies/Organizations:

*Prepaid College Plans

*Workforce Investment Act (WIA)


*Independent Living Program (ILP)

*Tuition Assistance (TA)
for U.S. military