Loan Information and Processes
Beginning with Fall 2010, ABAC will participate in the Federal Direct Loan Program. Participation in Direct Lending provides a streamlined, high-quality, cost-effective and dependable loan program for ABAC families. The Federal Direct Loan Program includes: Subsidized Direct Student Loans, Unsubsidized Direct Student Loans, and Direct Parent PLUS Loans. Comprehensive information on these loans is available at www.direct.ed.gov.
Step 1: Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Once your financial aid file is complete and awards are determined, please proceed with the following steps to accept or decline loans.
Step 2: Log into your My ABAC account and follow the following steps:
- Click the Banner icon on the left hand side.
- Click the “Financial Aid” tab.
- Select the “Accept Award Offer” option.
- Choose the appropriate academic year from the drop box and click Submit.
- Select the “Accept Award Offer”, the last tab on the second row.
- Use the drop box to select the desired option for your loans.
- Click Submit to record your choices.
Step 3: Complete Student Loan Counseling at http://studentloans.gov
Be sure to complete the counseling for the correct loan program – “Stafford Loans.”
Step 4: Sign the electronic Master Promissory Note (MPN) now or on receipt of your notice.
Step 5: Register for at least 6 credit hours.
Frequently Asked Questions for Loans