Disbursements & Refunds
Disbursement of Financial Aid
- Student must be enrolled before funds may be disbursed.
- Student eligibility must be confirmed by the Student Financial Services Office before funds are disbursed.
- Students are expected to have sufficient funds for miscellaneous expenses when they arrive on campus.
- Students must be fully accepted for admission to ABAC before funds may be disbursed.
- Specific questions on individual cases should be addressed to the Student Financial Services Office at (229) 391-4910.
- Student must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress standards to receive fund disbursements.
- Students must be enrolled at least half-time.
- Federal Direct Loans – Under Federal Law: Students must complete a Loan Entrance Counseling session and sign a completed Master Promissory Note at studentloans.gov before funds may be disbursed.
- Federal PLUS Loan – Parents who are awarded this loan must receive an approved credit decision from the U.S. Department of Education and complete a Master Promissory Note at studentloans.gov before funds may be disbursed.
- Federal Direct, Federal PLUS Loans – Borrowers who use these funds to finalize Business Office bills may elect to cancel their loans and use another form of payment within 14 days of disbursement. The Student Financial Services Office must be notified in writing of the cancellation with 14 days of disbursement.
- Alternative Loans are private loans made through lending institutions which allow you to borrow additional funds after have reached your Federal Direct Loan limit. These types of student Loans are designed to help you meet the total cost of higher education. Research all possibilities for scholarships, grants, work study, and federal loan programs before borrowing from an Alternative Loan program. After approval, the lender may request school certification. The Student Financial Services Office will not certify loans for students who are not maintaining satisfactory academic progress.
- Funds awarded from the following may be applied directly to the student’s Business Office account: Federal Pell, Federal SEOG, Hope Scholarship, Hope Grant, Federal Direct Loan, Federal PLUS.
- These awards will be authorized to the student’s Business Office account once classes have been reserved.
- Any remaining balance to the student’s account must be paid to the ABAC Business Office prior to the published deadline in order to reserve classes.
- Eligibility is reviewed again at the end of the drop/add period and appropriate funds are disbursed to the student’s Business Office account.
- Once the Business Office bill has been settled, remaining aid may be used toward the purchase of books at the ABAC Bookstore beginning approximately 2 weeks prior to the first day of classes until approximately 2 weeks after the semester begins.
- If the amount of financial aid awarded exceeds tuition and fees due at registration, the difference will be disbursed in the form of a check by the ABAC Business Office.
- Financial aid awards made after the student’s bill is satisfied will be disbursed within 3 weeks after awards are made.