Who must take the COMPASS test?
Incoming students must take the COMPASS placement test with these exceptions:
- Students with a College Prep Diploma and SAT Scores above 480 or ACT scores above 20 are not required to take the COMPASS.
- Students who transfer in a college level course (ENGL 1101 or MATH 1111) are not required to take the COMPASS.
- Students who have taken the COMPASS test at another USG school and have scores that meet ABAC’s cut-off scores.
- Students who have taken the ASSET or COMPASS at a COC accredited Georgia vocational College that meet the ABAC’s cut-off scores are also not required to test. Please note that scores should appear on the transcript.
Learning Support students accepted into a University System of Georgia college must meet these minimum requirements:
- Place in no more than two of the three Learning Support Areas.
- Meet these minimum COMPASS scores:
- Reading 62
- English 32
- Mathematics 20
Compass Scores required to EXEMPT placement:
- Reading ≥ 74 (62−73: READ 0099) ←Class placed in if score not met
- English ≥ 60 (32−59: ENGL 0099)
- Algebra ≥ 37 (20−36: MATH 0097)